Secret Benefits Of Daily Meditation
There are some little known benefits of daily meditation that many people simply won’t know about unless they have been doing it for awhile.
Today, you’ll learn about the top 10 benefits of meditation that are rarely talked about so you can think about what this may mean to your everyday life should you decide to meditate on a regular basis.
Why Is Meditation Good For You?
Before we look at what these benefits are it’s also a good idea to understand why meditation is good for you. The main reason is that it changes your brain. According to the latest scientific research there are specific regions of the brain that are directly affected by regular meditation that cause several positive things to happen.
Firstly, it helps to decrease the neural paths that link to our fear center. This is why people who meditate consistently experience a decrease in upsetting physical sensations like stress or anxiety.
Secondly, healthier connections are then made in the brain that enable us to view bodily sensations or something upsetting from a more rational perspective rather than automatically reacting from our conditioned behaviour.
Finally, an added bonus of meditating is that it develops stronger links to the part of the brain that is involved in empathy. This healthy connection helps us to understand more easily where other people are coming and to be able to put ourselves in their shoes so to speak, which increases our ability to feel empathy and compassion for others – especially if they are not like us.
When you take a close look at the scientific studies on the impact of regular meditation practice, it reveals to us that we are able to see ourselves and others form a clearer perspective, while being more present, focused and compassionate in our everyday lives. It really is a simple way to enjoy more calm, clarity and focus, while being able to respond to people, things or events in our lives with more balance.
Top 10 Benefits of Meditation – That Are Little Known
- The practice of meditation allows our fear, anger, guilt and anxiety to fade away. It may only do so temporarily until we have ‘unhooked’ from them. Still an instant relief!
- Effective meditation will bring more balance to the mind and body which helps the body’s ability to adapt to outer and inner stresses. As we remove stress from the mind and body healing naturally occurs.
- When we remove our concerns through deep meditation we experience an emptying out internally which leads to feelings of happiness and bliss – leading to re-energizing.
- A boost in creative thinking. When the busy mind quiets down we get greater clarity and access our right-brain functions such as increased creativity and intuition.
- Many people desire greater connection with others yet don’t feel connected to people as a whole. Regular ongoing meditation will replace feelings of separation with connection.
- When we bring ‘Presence’ to our everyday life the negatives reduce and the positives increase. Presence is being able to step back from the busy mind and from a place of calm observation be aware of what is happening here and now. Being present has a positive impact of every area of your life, especially with relationships with others.
- We become that which we meditate upon. Whether we focus on problems or a joyful life with compassion and abundance, either way that’s what we tend to create in our life. By meditating on what we want to create more of in our lives, we tap into the power of a focused mind to help create that reality for ourselves.
- Reduces overwhelm by stopping regularly, getting clear on what’s a priority right now and then take action on one thing at a time. This results in greater productivity!
- Meditation is also shown to improve your sex life and increase your libido. If you think about it, it makes perfect sense that when you are more rested and less stressed as a result of meditating regularly it frees up your energy for more pleasurable pursuits, like in the bedroom. Not only that, it helps you be more present and less distracted, which does wonders for your love life.
- It can help with weight loss. Meditation is a great way to reduce the body’s response to stress which reduces the stress hormones that can lead to weight gain. It also helps to increase your natural supply of well-being hormones like serotonin, which decreases the desire to eat junk food.
How Long Does it Take For Meditation to Work?
Almost every study undertaken on when people start to experience the most benefits from meditation all tend to agree that it’s after at least six weeks of daily practice – even if it’s just 5-minutes a day.
When you think about it, this makes perfect sense because like most things we do, it’s really only when we make it a habit in our lives that we start to see changes for the better. From changing our diet to changing our exercise or sleep habits, it’s all the same. The more consistent we are with it, the better the results.
I know that for me one of the biggest benefits I have gained from long-term meditation of about 20 minutes a day, every day, is that I now get paid to do what I love, while enjoying a lifestyle of freedom and adventure. Before meditation my life was a mess and I had no idea who I was, or what I wanted to do with my life.
What I do know for sure is that when the mind changes, the rest of our life follows – that’s why I believe meditation is so powerful… and the best part of all is that it can be done anywhere, anytime and by anyone.
If this was helpful, please feel free to share it and pass it along to others who may be interested in what has been discussed here in relation to their own journey with meditation.
If you enjoyed this post please comment and share on Facebook if you want more content like this
Meditation Dojo Blog
“I Teach You how to live a Happier, Healthier and More Fulfilling Life in Just 5 Minutes a Day!”